The most commonly asked questions regarding a liposuction procedure is a contest between:
- How quickly do I recovery; and
- Do I really have to wear that garment?
Answer 1: Recovery
Much of this depends on how many areas was treated and also was Vaser Hi Def Liposuction involved? On average most patients undertake 3-4 areas and are back to normal activities within 3-4 days. Patients who undergo less areas are back to normal activities in as little as 48 hours.
For Vaser Hi Def Liposuction patients, the healing period takes 4-5 days as the treatment is more intensive than standard liposuction. Full results are generally not seen until 3 – 6 months and even longer for some patients.
Answer 2: Garments
Garments are an essential part of the recovery period. Although somewhat uncomfortable to wear, garments assist by:
- preventing the collection of fluids;
- moving the body’s natural lymphatic system;
- enhancing skin retraction and skin tightening;
- improving the appearance of scars;
- makes your body look slimmer!
At Cosmos Aesthetic, we not only require all patients to take with them a garment but also require that patients come back for post opt recovery treatments which include massages and PRP to ensure your healing process is optimised!